Here’s a local search optimization tactic that is a staple in the repertoire of many professional SEOs: YouTube Optimization. It’s particularly effective in local search since relatively few businesses have created and published video promotions for themselves.
10 tips for YouTube Optimization for Local SEO.
- Geotag Your Video
- Link To Your Business In The Description
- Include your business name, address and phone number in the frames near the end of the video (and perhaps your website URL as well).
- Stating your business name, address and phone in the video’s audio will be worthwhile
- Mention your address, city location and phone number in the description text.
- Include your business category name and your location names as tags on the video.
- Add the video to your business listing in Google Places.
- Add the video to your Google+ Local page.
- Embed the video in your website page and/or on your blog
- Promote the video via your social media accounts, particularly on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Google+