Rank Correlation study deals with the definition and evaluation of factors that differentiate better-positioned websites from pages placed further back in the organic search results – i.e.: pages that have a positive rank correlation.
The folks at SearchMetrics have released their SEO ranking factors for 2013. This is their ranking correlation study they worked on for the past 3-months, right after the second-generation Penguin update was pushed out by Google.
The key takeaways from their study included:
- Keyword domains and keyword links have lost relevance
- Brands are the exception to many rules
- Social signals continue to correlate very well with better rankings
- Good content is always important: it comes down to quality
- The number of backlinks remains immensely important
- On-page technology remains one of the basics
You can download the study over here.