Google announced a number of Google+ upgrades during the keynote presentation including a new responsive, multi-column layout for Google+ Stream.
Stream: modern design, multiple devices, more to explore
These days people increasingly move between devices. So to build software that builds real relationships, you need a simple and beautiful experience across mobile and desktop. We’ve worked hard to make our phone and tablet apps intimate and immersive — today we’re just improving them further and adapting their design for the web, including:
- A multi-column layout. You’ll see one, two, or three columns of content depending on your screen size and orientation.
- Awesome-sized media. Photos and videos can fill the entire width of the stream, making it easier to scan, and nicer to look at.
- Delightful animations. The sharebox bounces, the menus slide, and the cards flip and fade — just to name a few.
Meet the new Google+: A stream with style and smarts
Google+: Related Hashtags
- We’ll look at the post, determine what it’s about, and tag it accordingly (#SFGiants and #BusterPosey, in this case).
- Behind the scenes, we’ll also identify and rank relevant conversations across the network.
- When you click on the related hashtag, we’ll flip the card, and let you browse related content inline.
Hangouts: conversations that last, with the people you love
- Messaging is richer, and more responsive. Photos and emoji make conversations more fun, while real-time activity indicators really bring them to life.
- Your conversations can last. With conversation history, you can swipe back in time and relive all your favorite moments. (You can also turn off history, if you want.)
- No more annoying notifications. Once you see a notification on one device, we’ll clear it from your other Android devices and computers. You can also snooze notifications when you don’t want to be interrupted.
- You can always say hello, face-to-face-to-face. Whether you’re 1-on-1 or with a group of friends, you can always make a free video call to everyone you’re with.
- The app is available in lots of places. You can download Hangouts from Google Play, the App Store, and the Chrome Web Store. It’s also part of Gmail and Google+.
More Details GOOGLE PLUS PROJECT