Google Analyticator easily adds Google Analytics tracking support to a WordPress-powered blog. Google Analyticator also comes with an easily customizable widget that can be used to display specific information that is gathered by Google Analytics using the Google Analytics API. It supports all of the tracking mechanisms that Google Analytics supports such as external link tracking, download tracking, tracking without counting administrative users, and any other advanced tracking the user wishes to add. Google Analyticator works with a majority of themes as long as these themes provide the proper plugin hooks.
Google Analyticator was the first Google Analytics tracking plugin for WordPress. It is also now one of the most popular tracking plugins that can be used with WordPress. It is also now the first WordPress plugin using Google Analytics stats to display visitor information on the front-end in the form of a visitor counter.
Google Analyticator supports the following features:
- Standard Google Analytics tracking support
- Provides a widget that can be used to display visitor stat information on the front-end
- External link tracking of all links on the page, including links not managed by WordPress
- Download link tracking
- Support for hiding Administrator visits without effecting Google Analytics’ site overlay feature
- Support for any advanced tracking code Google provides
- Easily installable only requiring the user knows their UID
- Allows code to be placed in the footer to ensure faster load times
- Complete control over options; disable any feature if needed