Online Tools That For Your Office
Invoicera: Invoicera is an online billing software which is specifically designed keeping simplicity and online invoicing convenience in mind, while at the same time offering the best of the breed invoicing features.
Tracking time and expenses on every project and allows users to email their invoices to customers without using traditional printing and mailing services. Rates for the service range from free to $49.95 per month, depending on the amount of billing anticipated per month.
Google Docs: Google Docs is a free, Web-based word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, form, and data storage service offered by Google. It allows users to create and edit documents online while collaborating in real-time with other users. Google Docs combines the features of Writely and Spreadsheets with a presentation program incorporating technology designed by Tonic Systems. Data storage of any files up to 1GB each in size.
- Upload your files from your desktop: It’s easy to get started and it’s free!
- Access anywhere: Edit and view your docs from any computer or smart phone.
- Share your work: Real-time collaboration means work gets done more quickly.
Basecamp: Project management software is another way to get a job done without printing a single document. Basecamp is an online communication, collaboration and project management tool for distributed teams. It’s a great way to manage all the moving parts of a project involving lots of people or for freelancers who want to track different client projects. It has limited document storage on it (100MB per document for most accounts), but it is excellent for providing context around projects and pulling important conversations out of email.
Nitro pdf: Nitro PDF, the complete Adobe Acrobat replacement, helps you do what you need to with its powerful tools to create, convert, edit, combine, secure, annotate, form-fill, and save 100% industry-standard PDF files.
One of them is Nitro Pdf, an extremely powerful editor that starts at $99 for a single license. With it, you can easily create PDF forms required by your clients and also you can edit existing PDF documents without resorting to printing and white-out.
Shoeboxed: Shoeboxed is the easiest way to digitize and organize your receipts and business cards. With Shoeboxed, you can mail receipts and business cards and they will be scanned and entered into an online account for you.
The paid scanning service and the free online software make organizing these receipts and business cards easier, which saves you time and frustration. You can eliminate your clutter, avoid using a scanner and have your information at your fingertips.You can generate highly detailed, sortable reports, and integrate them into your existing database systems, including Excel, Outlook, Gmail etc
CloudContacts: The CloudContacts service takes your business cards and puts them to use! After we receive your business cards, either in the mail or electronically, we turn them into contacts you can import into your email application or mobile phone address book.
You can also view your contacts online and export the contacts in a variety of formats. Our service is quicker and easier to use than a business card scanner.
CloudContacts Key Features and Benefits
- Access your business card contacts from anywhere at any time using our Web interface
- Integration with CRM applications including SalesForce and 37Signals Highrise
- Export your business card contacts to your current email application
- Double verification for accuracy – something no business card scanner can provide
- Works with the Apple Mac Address Book
- Full backup of your business cards, no worry about loss from fire or theft
- Where possible, one-click connect to your contacts on business social networks including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Social Connector looks for matches on many popular social networking sites based on the email address on each business card
- Your business cards can be recycled which helps the environment
Like Dropbox, Evernote offers free and paid subscriptions and is available for many mobile devices.
ScannerPro: Scanner Pro transforms iPhone into portable scanner in your pocket. It lets you scan multipage documents, email them and even upload to Dropbox, MobileMe iDisk or any other WebDAV enabled server. Evernote integration is there too.
Upload scans to online storages:
Your documents could be uploaded to MobileMe iDisk, Box.Net, Humyo and any other WebDAV enabled online storage
- Dropbox. You can easily upload scans to your Dropbox account right from the iPhone
- Evernote. Upload processed images directly to your online Evernote account. You can also add tags and choose the notepad with ease
- GoogleDocs. Scanner Pro lets you use Google Docs OCR to convert scans into editable text files on your Google account
Efax: Electronic Faxing takes paper out of the faxing process and eliminates the need for a conventional fax machine.
eFax launched its Internet fax service with the goal of using the convenience of email and the speed of the Internet to make it easier for people to send and receive faxes. eFax has grown to become one of the world’s largest providers of Internet messaging services, offering fax by email to more than 11 million subscribers.
Our appeal and success are built around three key features: the widest selection of phone numbers; an easy way to send and receive faxes and voicemail by email; and a fast, reliable and secure communications network.
Email : Email is one of the quickest and easiest ways to reduce the amount of paper coming out of an office is to use email services instead of sending documents through the mail.
Employees who will not need to spend a lot of their time pushing papers and locating lost documents, would definitely be able to provide high-level services to their clients and benefit them more.
This can be completely possible with a very small investment. With a little upfront planning, imagination and acceptance you really don’t need to kill trees anymore. These types of paperless office software will help you keep your desk clean and you can save a few trees in this process.