Do you have a blog running on wordpress then it’s time to look this good in hands. With wordpress you can quickly and easily optimized a good blog. Many wordpress and wordpress themes are not or poorly optimized for search engines. By following these tips will surely be a better result in Google !
1 – Permalinks
Using a good URL structure for your web site will clearly be Google . Go into your admin in wordpress to settings -> permalinks -> and fill in “Custom Structure” the following: /% postname% / . Now the structure of your website as: http://www.website.nl/titel-blog-bericht
2 – All-In-One SEO Plugin
Most importantly, the All-In-One SEO Plugin. Lets you post a page or a custom title form. And many more good SEOoptions. Just look at this download: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/
3 – Social Media
Social media, here is it again. Use a twitter , facebook , hyves or Digg plugin. Known plugins for this include social bookmarks , WP-Hyves , Sociable and much more ! RSS is also a good way to get more readers. There are severalplug-ins for.
4 – Good titles
When coming up with a good title, or title front the title tag (set with the All-In-One SEO Plugin) you should look at where many sought in Google with the Google Keyword Tool . Optimize your title, and check whether there is much competition in Google
5 – Google XML Sitemaps Generator Plugin
A sitemap is always an important part of the site, but always a lot of work around this by hand to keep. There is an ingenious plug-in that is fully automatic. Google XML Sitemaps Generator Plugin
6 – Optimal use of <H> tags in your theme!
Probably you have the theme of your blog picked for looks, of course accommodation. But some WordPress themes are very poorly optimized for Google . In a previous message from me about the H-tags, I explain how you can make best use of. The title of your site would, in the H1 tag should, and the sub topics in h2 tags.
7 – Speed
Speed is very important to Google. To begin installing the WP Super Cache plugin . Now you should go see what plug-ins are important and not. Plug-ins you use, you should not remove the same. For pluginins much load you need to see if these plugins are really needed. My experience is far less totnu plugins faster your website. If you make use of many plugins you should also check for files multiple times geinclude like jquery.js. And look also atWebo
8 – SEO Smart Links
The plugins SEO Smart links allows a deeper and deeper into the website Gelink. Post a new message with a keyword that appears in the title of another message is not automatically there Gelink. Thus, more and deeper and deeper into the website linked. So bring your old messages also turned its attention.
9 – Noindex to archive
If you now plug the http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/ have installed, you can choose whether you want the archive pages to index. This page is not indexed because otherwise you just get duplicate content. Otherwise you get some reports up to 4 times on your website, with tags, categories, archive and front page.
10 – Description and keywords
With the All in one SEO plugin will get to each page description and keywords options to fill in the meta tags. With keyword enter key words that are also reflected in the text. For description, enter a description in the blog post for the visitors from google to get to your page!
Now you’re probably thinking why is this not at all use this blog? Well, currently I am experimenting with charging and other things. But the tips above are certainly important! Do you have any good tips? Please let us know below!
11 – wpSEO (not free)
wpSEO provides automatic metatags
And more tips for your WordPress SEO
Speed up your WordPress (used Webo for section 1 t / m 4)
- Use WP Super Cache (with GZIP enabled)
- Move. Htaccess directives as much as possible to your server config
- Use CSS sprites
- Optimize with PHP op-code cache
- Kill unnecessary plugins , and there is more redundant than you think
- Provide professional fast and secure hosting (like Ber | Art )
Step 2: Optimize your blog for SEO
- Set in permalinks (including postID if you want to get into Google News) see item 1 above …
- Ensure the post title for the blog name in the title is
- Block robots on irrelevant pages (noindex wp-admin, login, register) or use meta robot
- Optimize your titles with Headspace2 (or wpSEO , wpSEO does it all automatically!)
- Write good meta descriptions (call to action) Take a look at especially SEOBooster Pro !
- Ensure proper pagination, so that all pages are indexed (with the plugin wp-page navigation Lester Chan)
- Disable multiple pages for comments
- Implement the WordPress guide on Yoast.com
- Backup your database regularly WP (WP-DBManager Lester Chan)
- Optimize your database daily (via WP-DBManager)
- Backup your files daily ( blogtrafficexchange.com / wordpress-backup )
- Debug all your queries (debug queries)
- Use Akismet to prevent spam
- Check your referrers to see what responses come from ( tools.davidnaylor.co.uk )
- Avoid gimmicky widgets
- Monitor your uptime (Pingdom, Hyper Spin, WebBuddy or site uptime)
- Check your 404 pages, avoid them whenever possible but also allow for a steering page 404
- Remove unnecessary metadata information (rsd_link, wlwmanifest_link, wp_generator)
- Give canonical URLs in the HEAD again
Step 3: Promote your site via social media
- Add sociable to your site
- Send a newsletter and put a tell-a-friend option on the thank you page of your application process
- Use comment redirect and again, tell-a-friend on the thank you page
- WP Greet Box (includes related pages)
- Enable Gravatar in order to respond more personally
- Promote on Twitter and LinkedIn !
- Use Google Analytics and Google Sitemaps (look at the Google Labs features!)
- Use RSS RSS link tagger for visitors to track ( rebelic.nl / rsslinktagger )
- Track traffic from Twitter
- Use comment redirect to first-time-comme letters “to measure and set it as a goal in Google Analytics
- Track comments as a goal in Google Analytics (using onclick tracking)
- Track RSS notifications the same way
- Optimize your lyrics for the audience actually interacts (eg responding or register for your newsletter)
- Use metrics to measure your progress
Source: Ber|Art VOF