Google announced a number of Google+ upgrades during the keynote presentation including a new responsive, multi-column layout for Google+ Stream.
Stream: modern design, multiple devices, more to explore
These days people increasingly move between devices. So to build software that builds real relationships, you need a simple and beautiful experience across mobile and desktop. We’ve worked hard to make our phone and tablet apps intimate and immersive — today we’re just improving them further and adapting their design for the web, including:
- A multi-column layout. You’ll see one, two, or three columns of content depending on your screen size and orientation.
- Awesome-sized media. Photos and videos can fill the entire width of the stream, making it easier to scan, and nicer to look at.
- Delightful animations. The sharebox bounces, the menus slide, and the cards flip and fade — just to name a few.
Meet the new Google+: A stream with style and smarts
Google+: Related Hashtags
- We’ll look at the post, determine what it’s about, and tag it accordingly (#SFGiants and #BusterPosey, in this case).
- Behind the scenes, we’ll also identify and rank relevant conversations across the network.
- When you click on the related hashtag, we’ll flip the card, and let you browse related content inline.
Of course: if you already tag your posts, we’ll display them in a similar fashion. And you can remove Google-added tags from your content at any time (on single posts, or on all of them). Either way, you now have a new option for exploring your interests on Google+.
Hangouts: conversations that last, with the people you love
- Messaging is richer, and more responsive. Photos and emoji make conversations more fun, while real-time activity indicators really bring them to life.
- Your conversations can last. With conversation history, you can swipe back in time and relive all your favorite moments. (You can also turn off history, if you want.)
- No more annoying notifications. Once you see a notification on one device, we’ll clear it from your other Android devices and computers. You can also snooze notifications when you don’t want to be interrupted.
- You can always say hello, face-to-face-to-face. Whether you’re 1-on-1 or with a group of friends, you can always make a free video call to everyone you’re with.
- The app is available in lots of places. You can download Hangouts from Google Play, the App Store, and the Chrome Web Store. It’s also part of Gmail and Google+.
More Details GOOGLE PLUS PROJECT
out to the most popular theme developers in the WordPress world and searched out their free offerings. You’ll find them below.
1. WooThemes – Swatch
2. WooThemes – Skeptical
3. WooThemes – The Morning After
4. WooThemes – Bueno
5. WooThemes – Rockstar
6. WooThemes – Mainstream
7. WooThemes – Meta Morphosis
8. WooThemes – Irresistible
9. WooThemes – Blogtheme
10. WooThemes – Typebased
11. WooThemes – Snapshot
12. WooThemes – Premium News
13. Colorlabs – Lensa
14. Colorlabs – Photogram
15. Colorlabs – Leatherly
16. Colorlabs – TumblePress
17. Colorlabs – RPG.cod
18. Colorlabs – Wellblog
19. Templatic – Video
20. WPZoom – Meeta
21. WPZoom — BonPress
22. WPZoom – Photoria
23. WPZoom – Academica
24. PageLines – PageLines Theme
25. PageLines – Platform
26. iThemes – December
27. iThemes – Quick Vid
28. Theme Junkie – Table
29. Theme Junkie – Channel
30. Theme Junkie – Fashion Press
31. ThemeFuse – Gadgetry
32. Gabfire Themes — Snapwire
33. WPShower – Paragrams
34. WPShower – Expositio
35. WPShower – Imbalance
36. WPShower – Imbalance 2
37. WPShower – Sight
38. WPShower – Suburbia
39. WPShower – Blogum
40. WPShower – Portfolium
41. Graph Paper Press – Snaps
42. Graph Paper Press – Retouch
43. Graph Paper Press – Mixfolio
44. Graph Paper Press – Mansion
45. Graph Paper Press – Work-A-Holic
46. Graph Paper Press – Fullscreen
47. Graph Paper Press – F8 Static
48. Graph Paper Press – F8 Lite
49. Graph Paper Press – Modularity Light
50. Graph Paper Press – Monochrome Pro
51. Graph Paper Press – Berlin
52. Graph Paper Press – Gridline
53. Themify – iTheme2
54. Themify – Koi
55. OrganicThemes – Verbage
56. OrganicThemes – Structure
57. InkThemes – InfoWay
58. InkThemes – Poloray
59. InkThemes – Local Business
60. InkThemes – Blackbird
61. InkThemes – Figero
62. InkThemes – Squirrel
63. InkThemes – Andrina Lite
64. InkThemes – Cloriato Lite
65. InkThemes – Dzonia
66. InkThemes – Themia Lite
67. InkThemes – Colorway
68. InkThemes – ToomMorel Lite
69. Bavotasan – Gridiculous
70. Bavotasan – Snowblind
71. Bavotasan – Feed Me, Seymour
72. Bavotasan – Magazine Basic
73. Theme Hybrid – Ascetica
74. Gorilla Themes – Mountain Creek
75. Obox – Selecta
76. Obox – Casual
77. ThemeShift – Decente
78. ThemeShift – Destyle
79. Up Themes – Gallery
80. CyberChimps – CyberChimps Theme
81. CyberChimps – Neuro
82. CyberChimps – Business Lite
83. CyberChimps – Response
84. CyberChimps – iRibbon
85. CyberChimps – iFeature
86. CyberChimps – Responsive
87. Themes Kingdom – Tint
88. Themes Kingdom – Widely
89. Themes Kingdom – Danko
90. NattyWP – GreenFreshart
91. DevPress – Zenith
92. DevPress – Cornrows
93. DevPress – Cinnamon
94. DevPress – Murmur
95. DevPress – Sonorous
96. DevPress – Quiescent
97. DevPress – Cascade
98. DevPress – Fanwood
99. DevPress – Good
100. DevPress – Dotos
101. Theme Furnace – Clear Response
102. VandelayDesign – Versatile Chruch
103. VandelayDesign – Classic Photography
104. VandelayDesign – Zion Church
105. VandelayDesign – Auto Focus
106. VandelayDesign – Simple Style Photography
107. VandelayDesign – Blogfolio
108. VandelayDesign – Oversized Photography Theme
109. VandelayDesign – High Resolution Photography
110. VandelayDesign – Minimal Non-Profit
111. VandelayDesign – Green Grunge Church
112. Gavick – Meet GavernWP
113. Theme Horse – Clean Retina
114. Theme Horse – Attitude
115. Alien WP – Oxygen
116. Alien WP – Hatch
117. Alien WP – Origin
118. Bluchic – Adelle Theme
119. DerPrinz – Branford Magazine Free
120. Kreative Themes – BrightSky
Mark Zuckerberg and his team unveiled some major changes, primarily to the design and functionality of the News Feed. These changes include Rich Stories, which display photos and visual content much more prominently and vividly; Choice of Feeds, giving users more control over the topics of stories they see; and better Mobile Consistency, making your Facebook experience much more seamless across desktop and mobile devices.
The Social Media Report 2012 by Nielsen
Social media is coming of age. Since the emergence of the first social media networks some two decades ago, social media has continued to evolve and offer consumers around the world new and meaningful ways to engage with the people, events and brands that matter to them. Now, years later, social media is still growing rapidly, becoming an integral part of our daily lives. Social networking is now truly a global phenomenon.
This report reveals insights such as:
- What’s driving the continued growth of social media?
- How is consumer usage of social media evolving?
- How is social media impacting marketing?
- Who is using Pinterest?
Join WPMU Dev, a premium membership service for owners of WordPress based sites. The first thing you’ll get is access to 140+ plugins featuring almost every kind of functionality you can imagine.
If you’re running a serious business, and you can’t afford a fulltime staff of WordPress gurus, then we highly recommend WPMU Dev.
View Official Google Conference I/O 2012 On Your Android Device
It’s Google conference companion app for Android devices, the app requires a Android device running Android 2.2 or higher version, the app works fine on both Android phones and Android tablets.
The official Google I/O 2012 conference companion app. Supports devices running Android 2.2+, and is optimized for phones and tablets of all shapes and sizes.
The app is free and you can download it from the below link:
Google I/O 2012 [Google Play Store Download Link]
Google Conference I/O 2012 App Screenshots