Google Analytics have rolled out a series of fairly big changes to their User Interface. These major changes were unexpected and happy to see the changes that has been made by Google
The Analytics Changes has been mentioned below
- Top Navigation Changes
- New Pinned Top Nav
- New ‘Recent Profiles’ Dropdown.
- Left Navigation Changes
- New Dashboard Design + Advanced Segments
- New Dashboard Layouts.
- Two Additional Dashboard Widget Types
- Lots of odd areas cleaned up
- Loading Faster
Google Analytics User Conference
Again GAUGE is coming to SAN FRANCISCO for a an official Google Analytics User Conference which is founded by Google Analytics veteran Caleb Whitmore of Analytics Pros and is produced by a consortium of Google Analytics Certified Partners in partnership with Rising Media.
Also there will be a classroom-style instruction for those interested in basic, intermediate and advanced Google Analytics training.
Key Benefits of this User Conference
- Meet Google Analytics pros and peers
- Share your experiences with Google Analytics – get help and help others
- Meet and interact with members of the Google Analytics team and certified Google Analytics partners
- Improve your skill with Google Analytics through learning practical knowledge from other GA users that you can put to use immediately
- Deepen your knowledge with the bonus GA training day
- Raise professional credibility with the Google Analytics Qualified Individual test – test vouchers will be provided to each attendee
Source: Google Analytics User Conference
The Present year has been a major shifts in Google especially in Search Engine Optimization for 2012 we can Call the Farmer Updates to the new implementation called Disavow Links and more..
The Major one was Panda Update which helped to fight against WebSpam. Other implementations like Penguin had a major role along with Exact Matched Domains.
Taking the necessary against the Domain Farming/Parking has provided a lots of relief to the people in the domains industry. The recent update was about the Google News Tag which help a lots of fresh content to showcase themselves
Along with these there are other updates which happend along the past 12 months (November to November 2012) which was a greater aspect of learning for me in the Digital Marketing Industry.
Google had made major snatch for the Original Content Information to getting to the users instead of the scrapped Content sites
TIP: If you don’t measure what you’re doing in search and social media, how do you know if what you’re doing is working?
If I have missed anything for the present year updates do share them in the below mentioned comments
The Not Provided term is being raised in Google Analytics Organic Search Term. There is a new study finds that as a result, 39% search-related traffic from Google to web sites now has search terms withheld.
Google announced that they would start encrypting search data when a user is logged into their Google account in last year.
Recently Optify conducted a study over eleven months with 424 web sites which i will be sharing the details with you people. The reasons are many as “Not Provided” is due to encryption in the Search Engines.
However Search Engines Claims this move was done to protect users’ privacy. There is much more in this like you need to understand that they are sending you high quality traffic.
There are many ways for outcome of this which i will be sharing in upcoming sessions.
I appreciate your consideration.
Google announced a new product to the world: Google Tag Manager. It is an extremely important addition to marketers, as it allows them to add or remove tags used for marketing and measurement without the need to ask from webmasters to change the website code.
You can add and update AdWords, Google Analytics, Floodlight and non-Google tags from the Google Tag Manager user interface instead of editing site code. This reduces errors, frees you from having to involve a webmaster, and allows you to quickly deploy tags on your site.
Using Google Tag Manager provides several advantages over using individual tags.
- Add, update, and remove tags without making any changes to your HTML. This reduces the likelihood of errors and lets you deploy new tags immediately without assistance from a webmaster.
- Google Tag Manager fires your tags asynchronously, so your pages often load more quickly than they would if you were using individual tags.
- Workflow tools help you know whether your tags are working as intended.
- It’s easy to see which tags are being fired on your site, and where they’re being fired.
Google Tag Manager is free and easy, leaving more time and money to spend on your marketing campaigns. You manage your tags yourself, with an easy-to-use web interface, rather than forcing you or your IT department to write or rewrite site code.
Last week i had an opportunity to speak in Barcamp Bangalore on Google Penguin Recovery Tips.
Even though the crowd was small for my session i feel it was good as it was a niche subject and people wouldn’t understand until they are into the Online Industry/Marketing. I am sharing the Presentation which i had used for the same.
Google Penguin Recovery Presentation in Barcamp Bangalore 2012
Download the Presentation for your reference don’t forget to provide a anchor link for the presentation
Source: Google Penguin Recovery Presentation in Barcamp Bangalore 2012